- Decision tree learning
- Nonparametric and semiparametric methods
- Survival, longitudinal and multivariate data analysis
- Wearable device data
- Diagnostic testing with multiple/high dimensional biomarkers
Papers and Publications
- Sun Y, Chan G and Qin J (2016). Simple and fast overidentified rank estimation for right-censored length-biased data.
- Sun Y, Qin J and Huang C-Y (2016). Missing information principle: a unified approach for general left-truncated and/or right-censored survival data problems.
- Shrestha B*, Sun Y*, Wolfgang CL, Huang C-Y, Zheng L and others (2016). Long-term Survival Benefit of Upfront Chemotherapy in Newly Diagnosed Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer.
- Bai J, Sun Y, Schrack JA, Crainiceanu CM, Wang M-C (2016). A two-stage model for mobile device data.
* An earlier version won the 2017 ENAR Student Paper Award.
- Shinohara RT, Sun Y, Wang M-C (2016). Alternating Event Processes during Lifetimes: Population Dynamics and Statistical Inference.
- Marr KA, Sun Y, Tsai H-L, Avery RK, Shoham S, Alp S, LaRue R, Ostrander D, Lu N, Jones R, Montgomery R and Huang C-Y (2016). Longitudinal risk modeling to characterize infectious morbidity after transplant: a prospective cohort study.
- Chan G, Sun Y, Qin J (2016). Flexible locally semiparametric efficient estimation for the accelerated failure time model.
- Wang M-C and Sun Y (2016). Nonparametric estimation of medical cost quantiles in the presence of competing terminal events.
- Sun Y and Wang M-C. Rank-based classification and survival trees.
- Sun Y, Chan G, Huang C-Y and Wang M-C (2016). Assembled longitudinal data analysis in the presence of left truncation and informative censoring.